Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Otford to Bundeena (The Coast Track)

I heard about this track a couple years ago when a friend of mine recommended the trail as running ground to practice for the Oxfam 100km Trailwalk. After walking this track a couple weeks ago, all I can say is respect for any bush runners, it is no Sunday stroll in the park! I can say hands down, this is the most beautiful track I have ever experienced in Sydney so far (beats the Great North Walk and the Taronga Zoo to Manly – more on that in a future post). The views are spectacular and would be ideal spots for a spring picnic, a quiet yoga session or a dip in the secluded beaches. This is definitely a must-do track and I could just imagine spending my long summer days at the beaches here :)

Track: Otford to Bundeena
Distance: 26km
Transport: We drove which is $11 for entry into the National park. You could also catch the train to Otford and catch the ferry from Bundeena to Cronulla station.
Difficulty: There are two ascents which are fairly high and medium level of difficulty. The rest is quite flat or relatively easy descents.

The view at the start in Otford

Destination: Bundeena!

Treacherous walking paths hehe

This was a typical view when I took a look behind my shoulder :)

The most stunning view of one of the many secluded beaches :)

The track is right at the edge of the coast!

Breathtaking...

Can you spot the eagle?




Being so close to the edge of a cliff was so surreal!

I think this rock looks like a tofu! hehe

3 comments:

  1. This post made me sad :( I was born and raised in NSW but have been living in WA for the last 8 years. I miss the beauty of the coast line over east.
    The comment about the tofu rock made me laugh so hard XD I'm cooking tofu tonight!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww sorry it made you sad! sydney is really beautiful!

      hehe im still in awe at how a rock could naturally form like that!

      Delete
  2. Hey can you share the location of that rock! ?

    ReplyDelete