Monday, October 1, 2012

Altitude at the Shangri-La Sydney

Wow I cannot believe it's been nearly two weeks since I've blogged! Time has just flown! I have been quite busy and I have lots of ideas for some upcoming posts! Spring is well and truly here and I am so excited for summer which naturally calls for some summer fitness / health / wellbeing posts!

For now, I wanted to share some snaps of the yummy birthday dinner for one of my closest friends at Altitude in the Shangri-La Sydney. The restaurant boasts stunning views of sydney harbour from the 36th floor of the hotel and definitely brings a romantic atmosphere with the dim lighting (it's hard to see your food!). We all ordered the four-course menu which lets you choose which dishes you would like which is good for me, especially when there is fois gras on the degustation menu! *phew*

 Delicious sour dough bread. Yes, this was amazing, especially when smothered in butter!


Cured yellow fin tuna (these were quite large in size!) One bite and it tasted great, but after a few more bits, this dish became really fishy lol


Seared Sea Scallop (my favourite dish! nomnom). Cooked to perfection! I would have been happy with this as a main dish!

Roast Rangers valley beef fillet (those cubes are smoked bone marrow)  (my friend's dish)

Slow cooked guinea fowl breast (my friend's dish)

Palmer's Island Mulloway (my main - by this time I was all fished-out!) The sauce was amazeballs! The fish was cooked very well and was so soft and tender...Could not finish it though :(

Caramelised banana (my friend's dessert) The sauce...was heaven in my mouth!!!!

Warm chocolate fondant (my dessert yum!)Very very rich fondant, would have paired well with a nice bitter coffee :) Did not enjoy the icecreams...was wayyy too sweet for my tooth!

The petit fours (chocolate ganache and turkish delight)

Cocktails! I had the hello kitty :) it was a strawberry mojito drink. so yummy and refreshing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment