Sunday, August 12, 2012
Review! Dove Sensitive Skin Nourishing Body Wash
I am really enjoying doing reviews - as they are opportunities to test the new products introduced in the Australian market and more importantly gives me and idea of the things I love and the things I don't love.
I received the Dove Sensitive Skin Nourishing Body Wash from beautyheaven to trial. Now I had a phase with Lush where I would watch YT videos of girls raving about Lush and it instantaneously landed on my wishlist. But really, its just a soap - seriously. Now I am content with just using Palmolive bar soap from Coles - it does the job and doesnt burn a hole in my wallet.
So anyway I trialled the Dove product with an open mind for about 2-3 weeks. And here are my thoughts.
* Scent - personally I do not like overpowering smells. As expected, Dove bodywash smelled like any other Dove product out there, clean, fresh and simple. I like it!
* Price - very affordable, only $8 for a 375ml bottle!
* Easy to use, just open the bottle and pour some of the contents onto a lathering/body puff. You can buy a body puff just about anywhere, chemists, priceline, etc
* I felt very clean immediately after my shower and also felt quite soft and moisturised
* The bodywash claims to be super moisturising and nourishing. Honestly I did not find the product to outperform my Palmolive bar soap. I don't think it performed beyond my expectations. It's Dove.
* My body was quite dry and scaly the morning after. Now this is after I put on sorbolene. There are a couple points to note: a) It could really be Sorbolene's fault, b) it is freezing and dry in Sydney at the moment, c) I am prone to dry and scaly legs (sigh) so it might take a litre of moisturiser to keep my legs supple and soft, d) who bares their legs during winter anyway?
My overall rating is 2.5 stars out of 5. I thought the bodywash was very average and it claimed to be moisturising and nourishing, yet my skin did not feel hydrated. Would I repurchase? No :(
Note - the pictures above are my first official photos on this blog using my new DSLR! Do you like? It was an early birthday present from my hubby and I love it!! :) Expect more pretty photos coming up!