Thursday, January 5, 2012

Loving right now + Review: Gelish and Shellac!!!

I love nailpolish. I paint my nails EVERY week  (myself, not at a salon) and they are probably in a bad condition because of it! But nailpolish makes me happy :)

So shellac has been out for a while now and I didnt try it until christmas eve. I wanted to have pretty, manicured hands during the holiday season. So I tried gelish for $30 in coral which I loved. So the website says:

"GELISH WILL LAST ON NAILS FOR UP TO 3 WEEKS WITH A HIGH SHINE
NO CHIPPING, NO PEELING, NO MAINTENANCE
IT LOOKS COMPLETELY NATURAL WHILE PROTECTING THE NATURAL NAIL"


My experience with Gelish is as follows:

PLEASANTLY SURPRISED
* remained very shiny!
* variety of colours - absolutely loved the coral colour! (sorry - my only pic is this instagram )
*  didnt need to paint my nails every week!
* I enjoyed the application process - it dried so quickly :)

DISAPPOINTMENTS
* began chipping on one finger by the end of the week - this could be cos my nails were in pretty bad shape to begin with and I was also washing dishes
* began peeling at the cuticle end by the end of 2 weeks
* to take off the gel, the finger needed to be soaked and then the gel nailpolish is removed. this process really dries and weakens the nail :(

In summary, I really LOVED how it looked on my hands, how long it lasted despite doing "rough" activities, and above all, the shininess!! So I went for seconds but at a different nail salon this time and using shellac by CND and this was also $30. I adore this bright pink colour yay!




Will keep you posted on how shellac compares to gelish!

No comments:

Post a Comment