Monday, September 23, 2013

Review! Maybelline Mega Plush mascara

I’ve been wanting to write and talk about the Maybelline Mega Plus mascara because I am so impressed with its performance! So today’s review, is really a RAVE about how awesome the Maybelline Mega Plush mascara is! 


What to know:

  • I have fairly short, sparse lashes but they are naturally curly. It’s quite hard to find a mascara that works on my lashes!
  • I have been using Maybelline Mega Plush mascara for approximately 3-4 weeks 
  • Purchased at Priceline on sale for $10!

Why do I think it was awesome?

  • The mascara’s formula is said to be like a mousse. This formula is perfect for those who are looking for more volume and length in their lashes but want to avoid the clumpy, spider-y look. 
  • The formula is buildable. You can wear one coat during the day and apply 2-3 coats (or more) at night for a more dramatic look. Again, when you build on the formula, the lashes do not get clumpy. Yay!
  • When you apply 2-3 coats, the result is super soft, natural looking lashes. I adore how soft my lashes instead of stiff and clumpy.
  • The brush is quite large and bendy, this helps with grabbing each lash and applying the formula on it while at the same time, separating your lashes. 

A word of warning…
  • As with any mascara, I would trial for at least a week or two before passing judgment. With the Maybelline Mega Plush mascara, I found that the first couple of days I used it, I saw some flakes under my eyes. But this only happened at the start, it does not flake on me anymore. I think the formula has settled within a week.
  • While the large brush is great for the upper lashes, applying mascara on the bottom lashes can be quite tricky! It is difficult applying ample mascara without getting mascara on your under eyes…On an everyday basis this does not bother me as I typically do not apply mascara on my lower lashes.

Overall, this is definitely one of my favourite drug store mascaras! It will be on my repurchase list!

The photos below show my RIGHT EYE with the mascara with nothing on my left eye.  My right eye has no eyeliner, only Maybelline Mega Plush mascara!

Have you tried this eyeliner? What do you think?




1 comment:

  1. I have this mascara but I haven't opened it yet! It's next on my list :)

    ReplyDelete