beautyheaven. The Clarisonic is a device used as part of your daily cleansing skincare ritual and 'scrubs' the impurities, dirt and grime from your face in a more effective manner than simply using your hands or a washcloth. The technology in the Clarisonic is similar to that of an electric toothbrush, with micro movements of the brush head. As per the official Clarisonic website, it offers the following:
- Removes 6X more makeup than manual cleansing
- Leaves skin feeling and looking smoother
- Removes impurities that keep creams and serums from working their best
- Gentle enough to use twice a day
- Reduces oily areas, dry skin patches and blemishes
- Minimizes the appearance of visible pores.
Now the Clarisonic has a very loyal following, so I had very high expectations and was super excited to try it out! My skin is normal/combination so I have an oily T-Zone otherwise I think my skin is pretty good - I usually receive compliments on my skin. In terms of problem areas, I had some congestion on my forehead (little pimples) and also blackheads. I've now been using the Clarisonic for two weeks, once a day (at night time).
Below is a before and after shot of my bare skin (i.e. no makeup!)...can you see the difference?
* Straight after using the Clarisonic, my skin felt super soft and this feeling lasted even the next morning. As I kept using the Clarisonic, my skin didn't feel as soft as before, this could be because I was getting used to how soft my skin was feeling
* My moisturiser was being absorbed better, I think this also contributed to soft-feeling skin
* My skin felt very clean afterwards - similar to how it feels after exfoliating but not to that extent (as the Clarisonic is gentle enought to use twice a day!)
* My blackheads particularly around my nose has become less visible (hurray!)
* Very easy to use, only takes a minute out of your day
* My skin is looking smoother!
* My congestion on my forehead was still there. This could be attributable to other things, like weather (we have had a couple or ridic heatwaves in Sydney lately(!) causing me to sweat like crazy), seasonality, etc
I can't really comment on visible pores, as I think my pores are not very visible anyway. Also, it would be difficult to tell if the oiliness or dry areas on my skin were reduced because it is summer in Australia at the moment, and I will be oily and sweaty on my face no matter what haha!
Star rating: 4 out of 5 stars
I'm giving the Clarisonic Mia a 4 out of 5 stars because my skin does feel more softer and cleaner, but given I have been using it for only two weeks, it is difficult to see any material changes on my bare skin. I do think skincare products are being absorbed better and with makeup on, my skin also looks much smoother! I don't think I would repurchase though.
What do you think of the product?